codemorphis.com Forum Index codemorphis.com
Software development: pure and simple.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Announcement: Major Release for Synopsis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anachreon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through the list of improvements: I didn't see anything for USB.

Checking the Help system doesn't show it up either...

Will this be included or is it scheduled for further down the line?

Getting close to the end of January... Biting nails time... Smile

Cheers,

Luis.
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis,

The forthcoming release does not include a USB component but that component will follow soon after as an SCP (Software Component Package). The new release will allow for feature-rich components to provide high-level support of various useful technologies, including USB.

Now would be a good time for users to provide any input for new components. If you have particular needs, please feel free to submit them either in the Forums or directly via email. Your feedback and input are highly valued and considered for future direction.

As per the new release, development was completed in December and the testing phases are advancing well. Stabilization and testing work will continue for a couple more weeks and release will follow soon. Please stay tuned for an official announcement on this.

Hope that this helps.
anachreon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

Thanks for the info.

Might be worth adding a new forum topic like 'Wishlist' to separate it out.

Personally I hope the new version includes the option to create my own SCPs. In fact, I'd do this to load up/include the datatbase, so if I don't need it in a project I don't load it.

In the meantime, let's see... SCPs for my wishlist:

-3D: OpenGL AND DirectX access
-Full Audio/Waveform control (at the moment I can't see that it has Balance control)
-SSL PLUS other encryption systems (for sockets and files). Useful for asset protection.
-USB (of course...)
-Bluetooth AND InfraRed (I don't know if InfraRed is dealt with through the same COM channels as Serial)
-Compression controls

Ok, I'll stop there... Smile

All visual of course!

Cheers,

Luis.
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the next version to be released soon, you will be able to create your own SCPs from Synopsis components and logic. This means that you can repackage any part of your Synopsis program for loading as an SCP.

There are more dedicated SCPs to follow in the future. Thanks for submitting ideas for SCPs. Many of them are already in consideration. They are in various areas so their development will depend on some observation of user need.
anachreon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so 'testing work will continue for a couple more weeks'...

Can we get a clearer idea? It'd really help budgeting the upgrade cost (hey, how cool an excuse is that!).

Cheers,

Luis.
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please allow a little more time for testing to verify the features and new structure of the application. There are many changes both visible and underneath the hood and we would like to test as much as possible, while balancing this with the need to release soon. An official announcement for release will follow very shortly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The target release for Synopsis 2.0 is set for February 22, 2008. This will include the release of several additional and separate SCPs that provide specialized development power:

• Desktop Event Component: Allows for trapping of mouse and keyboard events generated by any application running on the desktop.

• Excel Interface Component: Allows for dynamic interfacing with the Microsoft Excel application.

• Email Client Component: Allows for downloading and sending of email using POP3 and SMTP protocols.

• FTP Component: Allows for FTP connection with remote servers.

• Socket Component: Allows for TCP/IP connections with servers and/or clients.

All Synopsis 1.0 and Synopsis 1.1 license holders (who have purchased before the 2.0 release) will receive an offer from CodeMorphis via email for a 2.0 license upgrade with a substantial cost savings. Pricing details will be announced upon release.

CodeMorphis thanks all users for their patience and support.
anachreon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been resisting saying something all this time, but couldn't hold it any longer!

Can't wait!

There, feels better now...

Cheers,

Luis.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: