codemorphis.com Forum Index codemorphis.com
Software development: pure and simple.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Component Self Relocating

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> Visual Programming Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mforkner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Component Self Relocating Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently purchased Synopsis version 2.0, and when I double click into a component input/output or just double click a component the component relocates itself to a different position. This relocating behavior is not experienced on every input/output or component, but many do behave this way.

An example would be: Open the 'Event Callback' sample program, double click into the 'Event Callback' component, then double click into input 0 of the 'Message Box' component. The 'Message Box' component will relocate to the left side of the screen.

-Mike
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike.

We were not able to repro this issue. Does this happen consistently with the same Message Box component in that demo program or is it more random with various components?
mforkner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Component Relocating Reply with quote

Hi,

The sample program and the ones I am creating exhibit this behavior. I opened the 'Process Panel' sample program into both Synopsis v1.1.12 and v2.0 and entered the 'Set Num Procs' nesting component, then I double clicked the 'Add' component input 0; v.1.1.12 did not move the component, but v2.0 does move the component to the far left of the view.

I have these installed on an HP laptop, XP SP 3, with .NET frameworks 1.1, 2.0 SP 1, and 3.0 SP1
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

We have not been able to reproduce your issue on various setups.

Can you please try this:

• Open the sample program and do the steps you described in your first post
  • After you see the exhibted behavior, click Edit | Command Stack.
    Do you see any commands listed there like "Move Component(s)" or is the list empty? Please give the list you see.

If possible are you able to try this on another computer (by perhaps downloading the demo version)?
mforkner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Component Relocating Reply with quote

Hello,

I cleared the command stack, performed two edits on components that I knew did not cause a relocation, then performed an edit on a component that I knew would move on an edit attempt. The component stack showed two 'Edit Component Properties' and a third entry as a 'Move Component(s)'

I will try this experiment on a few different machines first thing tomorrow morning and relay the outcome here.

Thanks,
-Mike
mforkner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Component Relocating Reply with quote

Hello,

I installed Synopsis 2.0 on a Dell Pent.4 4ghz w/1mb RAM XP Pro, and on an Acer AMDx2-64 2.8ghz w/2mb RAM Vista Business

I loaded the Process Panel vpd and entered the 'Set num procs' nested component, both machines exhibited the same behavior of relocating the ADD component to the far left of the view after I double clicked into input 0 of the ADD component. The Command Stack on both machines reported a 'Move Component(s) entry.

Thanks.
-Mike
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the details.

When you get this issue, do you have to first descend into a Nesting component? Do you encounter this when double clicking on a port at level 0?
mforkner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Component Relocating Reply with quote

Hello,

I did some testing to determine what level of nesting or type of component(s) exhibits the relocating behavior as requested. The relocating behavior occurs on levels 0 through 10, but ten is just where I stopped so it may be to infiniity. The relocating behavior only exhibits on components with data ports but not on process ports whether the component has data ports or not; data in or data out, but not process in or process out.

I repeated the same test done on my HP laptop on my Dell, Gateway, and Acer destops with each giving the same results.

-Mike
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the test details.

We are still not able to get this to happen on any test machine with different versions of OS and .NET Framework.

The only possible explanation that comes to mind is that when double clicking the component, somehow a mouse move instruction got inserted while the mouse was in the pressed state. This would be like clicking the component, holding down the mouse button and moving the mouse - which effects translation. But this would not fit your description of translation occuring when double clicking a data port as translation is added only by clicking the component's body.

Are the mouse driver settings on your computer the default settings? Perhaps it could be something that is introducing a mouse move command.

Other than that we will keep trying to repro this one so that we can find the cause of your issue.

Thanks and sorry if that does not help your situation.
mforkner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Component Relocating Reply with quote

Hello,

I have solved the mystery! On the mouse properties page in the control panel there is a tab 'pointer options', and on that tabbed page is an option titled 'Snap To' that will place the pointer on the object marked as the first object of a window form or component.

When I unselected this 'Snap To' function the component relocation ceased immediately.

The only downside is that I LOVE having my mouse pointer set to 'Snap To' the object marked as 1 on a form. Oh well not such a big fat hairy deal.

Thanks!
-Mike
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that you were able to find the settings on your computer that were causing this "issue"!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> Visual Programming Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: