codemorphis.com Forum Index codemorphis.com
Software development: pure and simple.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> Visual Programming Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelforkner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: FTP Reply with quote

Hello,

When I login to an ftp site using the ftp component the login is successful, however I get the following 215 message in either windows ftp servers or unix ftp servers and am unable to list directories, get files, etc.

Command: USER MDFTPTEST
331 Password required for mdftptest
Command: PASS ********
230 Logged on
Command: SYST
215 UNIX emulated by FileZilla
Command: QUIT

220 (vsFTPd 2.0.7)
Command: USER michaelforkner
331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ********
230 Login successful.
Command: SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
Command: QUIT

Any idea as to what is wrong?

Thanks,

Mike
anachreon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

It looked like a listing error I used to get, put my Google Goggles on:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=202730

So if you tell it how to respond (ie: assume it's a UNIX server and not let it try to figure it out) you should be ok.

Cheers,

Luis.
michaelforkner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: FTP Error Reply with quote

Hello,

I failed to mention a couple things. This ftp server has been up and accepting connections since July '08 from ftp clients and POS systems with no problems. Also, I am able to connect to the site and to other ftp sites both windows and unix based, however after login the ftp component has an error and says that I am not connected to the server.

Upon further testing it appears that I am unable to do more than login to any ftp server without getting the 'not connected to server' error in Synopsis. Synopsis puts up a box with Yes, No, and Cancel buttons but says to click the OK button to continue running, No to stop and navigate to the component that failed, and if I click NO it's always the component just after login that is either trying to get a directory listing or download a file, etc. and says I'm not connected. So it's not just FileZilla that the ftp component is failing when trying to retrieve data from the ftp servers.

Hopefully someone out there has successfully used the Synopsis ftp component, and may have an idea what is happening.

Thanks.

-Mike
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike.

Can you indicate which FTP SCP service(s) you are having issues with? So far in tests, the component is working and we do notknow how to reproduce your problem.

Thanks,

CodeMorphis Support
michaelforkner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: FTP Component Reply with quote

I forgot to post the fix.

The problem was, I had put a second FTP component into the logic instead of using a service call to the original FTP component. So naturally the second FTP component was in a disconnected state by default, which is why I was having the error.

Thanks for everyone's input.

-Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> Visual Programming Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: