Joined: 02 Dec 2003
|Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:30 pm Post subject: Synopsis 1.1 Release
|Synopsis 1.1 has been released!
A free demo version of Synopsis 1.1 is now available for download at
If you had purchased a license of Synopsis 1.0 you qualify for a free upgrade license of Synopsis 1.1. Qualifying license holders will receive details for this in a forthcoming communique.
Synopsis 1.1 builds on the toolsets of Synopsis 1.0 and in addition to a user interface makeover, provides more flexibility and programming power.
Some of the key improvements of Synopsis 1.1 over the previous version include:
- Language nationalization (Unicode): Create Windows applications using text in any language. For example, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Spanish, etc.
- Ability to create and call subroutines comprised of one or more Synopsis components. Provides enhanced reuse of Synopsis components and Nesting structures.
- Step run debugging of programs. Execute a Synopsis program one component at a time and check or change the input values of components or change the behaviour of the program at each step. Step running of programs is an excellent way to debug your program or to trace through a program to learn how it works.
- Drag and drop support for Windows applications: Ability to create dragging and dropping interactions in your Synopsis programs.
- Context menu support: Ability to create context menus to give your Windows programs more user interface enhancements.
- Toolbar support: Ability to create Windows applications toolbars and control the toolbar button entries.
- Printing and print previewing of Windows forms, text documents and text fields.
- Screen grab utilities: Ability to grab the entire screen or a portion of the screen and save it to a graphics file or print it.
- New mathematical formula component: Allows for expressing complex mathematical formulae in text mode in a single component and reduce the number of Synopsis components in a program.
- Ability to execute Windows shell commands: Provides for greater interaction with the Windows operating system.
- A total of 23 Windows user interface components including:
- NumericUpDown controls
- Synopsis 1.1 includes more than 100 different components offering more than 1300 services. Component catageories include: