codemorphis.com Forum Index codemorphis.com
Software development: pure and simple.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dll's

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> Visual Programming Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Dll's Reply with quote

I am coming along well with my program and learning more every day. My program is becoming rather large and takes a while to load in the standalone. As I have said before that this is all new to me. However with your program, I have performed miracles Very Happy .

How can I make my program load faster? I have an idea that it has something to do with the dll's and memory. I will be looking to purchase a install program that will help me with creating an installation for my program. Please assist me with this one before I go any further.

Another problem that I have is to do with the enter button on the keyboard. I am using the enter button to do a function but when the key is pressed the computer makes a beep sound through the speakers. How can I stop that beep sound? Crying or Very sad

Thanks

Gavin
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin,

Load time depends partly on what your program is doing - you mention Dlls and memory - if you are accessing DLLs and allocating memory then this could have an impact.

The load time is also a result of the component-like architecture needed to allow you to program visually. Synopsis is new technology and the first goal was to allow you to easily program complex and involved applications. As it matures, more attention will be focused on performance.

So it is hard to tell what is happening to your program from a distance and how it might be improved for speed. Perhaps you could send an example VPD that exhibits your problem so that we might be able to investigate.

As for the Enter button causing a beep, normally the button will not cause a sound to be emitted. So it must be something to do with the task that it is used to invoke. Again, it is hard to know what you mean without seeing an example. If you can provide one or give a more detailed description, we will take a look.

Thanks for your posting.
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue was addressed by Update 1.1.2. Thanks for your posting.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> Visual Programming Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: